Sport at home! – Lepape-info
You have to take advantage of this imposed time to take some good habits … take the time, finally and quietly, to take care of yourself.
Eating well and exercising is essential to gain a good level of physical condition, fight obesity and strengthen our immune system.
In addition, sport has a positive impact on everyone’s mental state (our psychological balance) and we really need it now; so no hesitation, « we stir »!
We are going to suggest exercises to be carried out using only a chair. We will be able to work the arms, thighs, glutes and abs.
1. The dips
- Place a chair, backrest against a wall or door so that it does not move.
- Stand with your back to the chair, positioning your hands on the seat, then act as if you are sitting in a vacuum while holding onto the chair. Your legs should form a perfect right angle.
- Bend your elbows, then tighten them again. The body weight is supported by the arms, which will work your triceps. Remember to take your chest out to keep your back straight. Inhale when you flex and exhale when you go back up.
- Perform 3 to 5 sets 10 to 15 repetitions.
NB: this exercise is interesting because it requires having a straight back and therefore also mobilizing the back muscles.
2. The pumps
- On your knees: degree of difficulty 1
- Still with the chair with the back rest pressed against a wall, place a cushion or plaid if you do not have a gym mat at a distance corresponding to your size.
- Get on your knees on this cushion and lean on the chair with your arms outstretched. However, we recommend that you unlock your elbows, that is, not be fully stretched to protect your joints.
- Tighten the belly and the buttocks so that your body is undeformable. Do not arch your back or take your butt out.
- Bend your arms until your chest brushes against the edge of the chair, then push hard on your arms to return to the original position. We breathe in by bending our elbows and we breathe out by stretching them.
- Perform 3 to 5 sets of 8 to 12 repetitions (increase the number of repetitions if you can because it varies depending on the level).
Standing: difficulty level 2
If you are comfortable with knee pumps, you can do them in a standing or rather lying position. The instructions are the same as for the previous exercise. If this is still too easy, then do them directly on the ground.
NB: the pumps work the pectorals and the triceps, by involving the biceps also.
1. The glutes
- Put a plaid or a gym mat if you have one in front of the chair, always placed against the wall.
- Lie on the floor and place your heels at the edge of the chair. Your arms are stretched out along your body.
- Squeezing your abs, lift your buttocks off the ground until your body is completely aligned from chest to feet.
- Hold this position for 3 to 5 seconds, then slowly rest your buttocks on the ground and then take off again.
- Perform 3 to 5 sets of 10 to 12 repetitions.
NB: this exercise mainly involves the glutes and abs.
2. The legs
- Place yourself between 2 chairs, the files facing you, about 30 cm from your hips on either side.
- Lift one leg in front of you and do a bend while holding on to the backs of the chairs. Then go back up. Standing on chairs makes bending easier and keeps your back straight. To avoid tilting your head, fix a point in front of you.
- Perform 2 to 4 sets of 8 to 10 flexions on each leg.
NB: this exercise will mainly engage your thighs, the legs being the most complex members to work without displacement and without weight.
Outstretched arms: degree of difficulty 1
- A chair still against the wall, lean on the seat with outstretched arms and turn while removing one arm. Maintain this position for 30 to 40 seconds then, going back to the initial position, change sides.
- Perform 3 to 5 sets on each side.
On the elbows: degree of difficulty 2
- Same instructions as for the previous exercise but this time, you are on your elbows.
- This position is more difficult, so be careful not to let your pelvis go down. To do this, push your hip upwards.
– On the ground