Sport at home: 4 great training programs without …
There are many advantages to playing sports at home:
- It’s easy to set up and – unlike a gym – the environment is not intimidating.
- No time wasted, you jump in the shower right after exercise.
- And above all… no need to carry your sports gear with you all day!
Today we offer you 4 fitness programs to do at home and without equipment. Each program focuses on a different objective:
How many sets and reps should you do?
Make series by repeating each program at least 2 times. But if you have the time and if your physical condition allows it – you can do 4, 5 repetitions… or even more! Choose the number of repetitions for each exercise to work your muscles well, but not to exhaust you. In general we recommend between 5 and 20 repetitions.
HOME BODY WORKOUT
The “full body” home fitness program presented below offers easier variants for beginners but also suggestions to make the exercises more difficult.
- Couch Dips: beginners can replace it with Triceps Dips.
- Split Squats: Beginners can do Single squats, Forward Lunges or some Backward Lunges.
- Pumps with raised feet: traditional pumps or the pumps on the knees are good alternatives for beginners.
- Hip Thrusters: You can make the exercise more difficult by keeping one leg in the air.
- Glute Bridge: Beginners can do this exercise with both feet on the ground rather than on a raised support. You can make the exercise more difficult by lifting one leg off the sofa.
- Sit-Stand-Jumps: you can use an elastic band to intensify the exercise. Place the elastic above the knees and spread your feet and legs a little more. Guaranteed effect to build your glutes!
Do you want a targeted training program at home? So test one of the training plans available in the adidas Training app!
Program to build the trunk and abs
Work the entire middle part of your body, including the back muscles! Discover variations for beginners but also suggestions to make the exercises more difficult.
- Mountain Climbers: Beginners can slow down movements.
- High Plank: mHold for 30 to 60 seconds. Beginners can do a variation by taking breaks and also by resting on their knees during the plank. You can find more details on this version of the exercise here.
- Inchworms: doing this exercise faster will not make it more difficult … so – whether you are a beginner or a seasoned athlete – keeping in good physical condition should be a priority.
- Bridge: lifting one foot off the ground makes the exercise more difficult, but also placing the feet on an unstable surface, such as an exercise ball (also called a swiss ball).
Program to refine legs and thighs
Strengthen this important muscle group with training to do at home. Discover variations for beginners but also suggestions to make the exercises more difficult.
- Squats: beginners can first use a chair to learn how to master squatting properly.
- Forward Lunges: lBeginners can hold onto something if necessary to maintain their balance.
- Squat Jumps: lbeginners can replace them with Single squats.
- Wall Sit: mhold this position for 15 to 60 seconds. Beginners can choose any time to start, the important thing is to maintain a good position.
Arm building program
This “special arm” program is a simple solution for working your upper body without equipment. Discover variations for beginners but also suggestions to make the exercises more difficult.
- Pumps on the knees: lBeginners who cannot do knee push-ups can do wall push-ups or traditional push-ups or try these variations.
- Triceps Dips: beginners can do the Triceps Dips On the ground. For a more difficult version, place the palms of the hands on a chair.
- Knee Up-downs: for more intensive training, replace them with Up-downs.
- Wall Lateral Pull-Downs: you can use an elastic band to intensify the exercise
//check Cookie Opt out and User consent if(!getCookie("tp-opt-out")) !function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function()n.callMethod? n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments);if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n; n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version='2.0';n.queue=;t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0; t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e);s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)(window, document,'script','https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js'); fbq('init', '1594940627485550'); // Insert your pixel ID here. fbq('track', 'PageView');